I love doing fibre and yarn shows – it’s such a pleasure to get to spend time meeting people who understand and share my passion for all things fibre arts related. This year, I hope to meet loads more of you. I’ll be at the following shows and markets throughout the year.
- 27-28 April – Wonderwool Wales – We’ll be at this fantastic show held at the Royal Welsh Show Grounds in Builth Wells. It’s a proper celebration of all things wool and it’s huge! You’ll be spoilt for choice. It’s a highlight of the yarn show calendar.
- 5 May – Frome Independent Market – One of the UK’s most largest and most vibrant street markets, you can find vintage and handmade goods, locally brewed beer, fabulous food and live music in the beautiful town of Frome.
- 11-12 May – Buxton Wool Gathering – This is the first outing for this event, run by the people behind the wonderful Bakewell Wool Gathering, and I’m really excited to be a part of it. It doesn’t hurt that it’s in the stunning Peak District. I hope to see you there!
- 13-15 June – Woollinn – Dublin’s festival of yarn. This is my first international show and is going to be fantastic! I was envious of everyone who went last year, and this year I’ll be there. Their class line up is stellar too.
- 27-29 June – Woolfest – The Grandmother of all wool shows, this fabulous show in Cockermouth promises to be another corker.
- 7 July – Frome Independent Market – One of the UK’s most largest and most vibrant street markets, you can find vintage and handmade goods, locally brewed beer, fabulous food and live music in the beautiful town of Frome.
- 13-14 July – Yarningham – This show gets a lot of love, and I can’t wait to be part of it. They’ve got a great class line up and it promises to be a lot of fun.
- 27-28 July – Fibre East – This is a great show with a lovely atmosphere. There’s something for everyone here. If you’ve not been before, I heartily recommend it!
- 27-28 September – Yarndale – This is a true yarn and wool extravaganza set in the beautiful surroundings of Skipton. It’s my last show of the year, and there’s so much to enjoy. I hope you’ll come and say hi!