I love doing fibre and yarn shows – it’s such a pleasure to get to spend time meeting people who understand and share my passion for all things fibre arts related. This year, I hope to meet loads more of you. I’ll be at the following shows and markets throughout the year.
- 5 April – Frome Independent Market – One of the UK’s largest and most vibrant street markets, you can find vintage and handmade goods, locally brewed beer, fabulous food and live music in the beautiful town of Frome. UPDATE : This market has been cancelled. There is no news as yet regarding other markets.
- 25-26 April – Wonderwool Wales – This is Wales’ premier Wool and Fibre event, and it’s enormous. It covers everything from the start to the end of the creative process – from exhibits of sheep, through raw and hand-dyed fibres, yarn for knitting & crochet, embellishments, equipment, dyes and books to superb examples of finished textile art, craft, clothing and home furnishings. UPDATE: Sadly, Wonderwool Wales organisers have taken the necessary decision to cancel this year’s event.
- 3 May – Frome Independent Market – One of the UK’s largest and most vibrant street markets, you can find vintage and handmade goods, locally brewed beer, fabulous food and live music in the beautiful town of Frome.
- 9-10 May – Buxton Wool Gathering – Last year saw the first Buxton Wool Gathering, and I enjoyed it hugely. The venue is wonderful – full of light – and the yarn and fibre delights on offer are top notch. Come and check it out! UPDATE: Buxton Wool Gathering has been cancelled, but I hope to see you at Bakewell in October.
- 16-17 May – Sip. Stitch. Shop. – Last year’s Sip. Stitch. Shop, run by the lovely Carmen and crew at A Yarn Story, was a delight, and so they’re doing it again. It will be at the Apex Hotel in Bath. More details to follow.
- 12-13 June – Woollinn – Ireland’s Festival of Yarn was huge fun last year. The organisers at This is Knit go all out to make it a wonderfully social event. Go yarn dating to try out those yarns you’re tempted by! Attend one of the amazing workshops on offer! Check out all the yarn and fibre! It’ll be great. I hope you’ll come and see me there.
- 25-26 July – Fibre East – The East of England’s main yarn and fibre event, Fibre East just gets better every year. I love this show, and I know you will too. There’s so much on offer, and the locally made ice cream just tops it all off.